Sunday, 1 February 2009

Transport

I've been on a trip to Copenhagen, and got a few sketches done on the way there and back. Travelling far in Denmark (which is never very far, as the distance from one end of the country to the other is not much above 400 km) often involves crossing water, and we took the slow ferry between Århus and Kalundborg both ways.


S entertained herself by playing games on the mobile - the crossing takes 2 hours and 40 minutes.



Here's a quick sketch of the ferry Mette Mols, which I managed to jot down as we waited in line to board.



I don't get to travel much farther than a few tens of kilometres often, even within Denmark, so most of my transport sketches are done waiting for or riding on a bus. This one is of a young man in a colourful crocheted hat, who I regularly spot on my ride home from work. I wonder whether he made the hat himself.

1 comment:

  1. I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.


    Ruth

    http://laptopmessengerbag.info

    ReplyDelete