Wednesday, 20 May 2009

Seeds

I've been wanting to draw the fallen seeds from one of the trees in our garden for the past week or so. I brought a handful of them in on Friday, but wasn't able to draw over the weekend and they withered. On Monday things outside looked like this:

After the shower

so no drawing until the garden dried up a bit. But today I went out and picked a handful of the remaining seeds out of the undergrowth, and finally managed to work on a drawing of them in my large sketchbook:

Drawing seeds

Drawing seeds

Drawing seeds

The result was okay, especially considering that my fine motor control is rather poor at the moment - the arm has been acting up again, and there's a migraine that's been settling in since Monday night.

Seeds

I used a mechanical pencil and various ink pens for this.

No comments:

Post a Comment