Monday, 4 May 2009

Sketching the view

Today I sketched the view towards Hotel Ritz from the café Baresso in Park Allé.

Sketching the Hotel Ritz

I had a 30 minute wait for the bus home, and ordered a soy-capuccino, found a window seat, and proceeded to draw the view.

Sketching the Hotel Ritz

The woman enjoying her own extra hot soy-latte beside me initiated a conversation, and I told her about Urban Sketchers, and gave her one of my little MOO mini cards with the addresses for this blog, Urban Sketchers, and my email on the back. Perhaps she will be reading this entry.

Hotel Ritz

Today I used mostly pencils to draw, and only added a few spots of ink for a change. I find my technique is very different from when I draw in ink. With ink I'm very concentrated and precise. With pencils I just jot things down pretty haphazardly, and then build up with layers.

1 comment:

  1. Nothing like coffee and sketchbook. Thank you for sharing your work!

    Best wishes,
    Maria
    expeditionaryart.com

    ReplyDelete