Tuesday, 4 August 2009

Watercolour by the canal

Lunchbreak sketching by the canal today. I bought Chinese take-away and found myself a spot on the steps by Vadestedet.

Vadestedet

Sketching by Vadestedet

The napkin doubled as a wipe for my waterbrush :)

Sketching by Vadestedet

Doing a complex scene like this one without any preliminary sketching or under-drawing was maybe a bit much, but I'm sticking to using just paint directly on the paper (rather than colouring in sketches) as the best means to familiarise myself with this new medium.

Lunch break
Click to view larger version :HERE:

I had to scan the spread in two gos, as the horizontal format is too wide for the scanner bed. Here is a view of each page in the spread:

Lunch break, detail

Lunch break, detail

It took a long time to paint this and in the end I ran out of time. As you can see there is a ghost pole in the water which I didn't have time to finish.

2 comments:

  1. Nice blog! Congratulations!
    http://geraldorobertodasilva.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Geraldo Roberto da Silva. :)

    ReplyDelete