Saturday, 12 September 2009

Long sunny afternoon

I spent a long sunny afternoon at my sketching buddy Anette's place today. We sat in a sheltered corner of her garden, drinking tea and sketching - here is Anette's sketch of me working on my watercolour:

Anettes tegning af mig

Akvarel hos Anette watercolour sketchbook
I had a nice spot in the sun - the sun in my eyes made it a bit difficult to sketch, but at least it kept me nice and warm! I ended up borrowing a cap from Anette though - it's too difficult to wrestle with a panoramic watercolour when you're half blinded by a low autumn sun...

Hendes Verden

garden sketch

Hendes Verden
click here to view large

Details of each page:
Hendes Verden, detalje

Hendes Verden, detalje
Apart from the entry working as a whole, I think each page works quite well as a seperate image on its own as well. Somehow the panoramic format invites one to create compositions within the composition.

By the time I was done with my watercolour, the sun had moved quite a bit and our corner was becoming chilly, so we moved to another part of the garden where Anette's daughter and a friend joined us for some more sketching and tea:

sketching together art table
I did a quick pen and marker sketch in my large sketchbook journal.

Amanda tegner
The perfect way to spend a mild and sunny autumn afternoon.

2 comments:

  1. These pages are just magnificent. Soft and free, and transporting one to the outdoors. Wow

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing your response to my art - it's always nice to hear how people react to the images. :)

    ReplyDelete