Thursday, 24 September 2009

Stuck

I promised a post on Saturday's marathon sketch crawl here last weekend, but I'm being delayed by a persistent bronchitis - who would have thought that it's possible for breathing to be such hard work as to make one sore all over?!

Instead of the comprehensive post on my Århus sketch crawl, have a small pen piece from this evening of S reading. She kept moving her face minimally up and down and from side to side, following the text on the page, and in the end her features ended up a bit all over the place - there are at least two versions of eyes, nose and mouth on top of each other here:

S reading

Done in my pocket Moleskine sketchbook, which is now almost full - mostly of sketches and drawings from my holiday in France. I've been bringing it along daily, trying to goad myself into taking up commuter sketching on the bus again. I need to start picking seats at the back, so that I will be able to see things to sketch!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, bronchitis is horrible.
    I like your pen drawing, though. Imagine doing that when you are feeling so bad.
    I hope you get better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's mostly very exhausting.
    Thank you - I tend take find comfort in drawing when I'm not feeling up to scratch.
    Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete