Thursday, 17 September 2009

Thursday

This week has been a confusing blur due to wonky work schedules and general fatigue. I haven't managed to sketch at all since the weekend, and decided I just had to do an entry in my watercolour journal tonight.

Thursday evening
click to view large

Maia was the available subject, reading and chatting on her tiny laptop in the livingroom. The colours are slightly random, due to very poor lighting conditions in my corner, as is the subject. It's still mildly amazing to me that it is actualy possible to do artwork with such an unfocused mind.

Details of either page:
Thursday evening, detail
large

Thursday evening, detail
large

Maia suddenly had to leave, so I didn't get a shot with her in the image, but here are a couple of rather fuzzy cameraphone shots from my sketching session:
Process shots
This shot can give you an impression of how dark it was.

Process shots
I added a few details to the background after she left.

4 comments:

  1. Glad you got to draw and MADE the time. (and that you write your blog in English. I thought there was something wrong with my vision when I tried to read the text at Flickr!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I must proudly inform you that I have just went thru every single art of yours in this Blog, it took me awhile but they are very amazing, it is the REAL journal I've been always looking for in these random blogs I came across. I feel like I know you quite well after reading them :) I so much wish I have a sketch buddy like you in my city:) oh well... keep up the fantastic work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, making the time is the only way to fill my sketchbooks!
    I decided to write my art-blog in English, because I know a lot of watchers find me through Urban Sketchers or Flickr, and there aren't that many active Danes in the blogosphere anyway. But the random scribbles in my art-journals are in Danish - which seems to confound and intrigue quite a few people on Flickr, so I'm guessing the language is not easily identified by most. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sandy, you must have been busy! This blog is 1½ years old after all. I'm really glad to hear you enjoyed reading through my entries - I started out thinking I would just post images here, and maybe a few words about media and techniques, but this summer my travel sketchbook changed that rather drastically. It sometimes feels a little strange blogging about the things surrounding my sketching because so few people ever comment (I am blatantly guilty of not commenting myself on the blogs I read), but a comment like yours goes a long way, and I shall soldier on! :)

    ReplyDelete