Wednesday, 5 May 2010

Exchange work

As you may know I am taking part in an international sketchbook exchange involving portrait drawing of all group members. You can follow our group here: Moly X Portrait 4, on our group blog. For the past couple of weeks I have been working on my entry for one of the books.

Some shots of my process from sketch to finished entry:

alecia's book - sketchy ideaswork in progress

processprocess

processprocess

processprocess

alecia

I used ink pens, markers, and coloured pencils for this. The whole book has a certain 60's - 70's feel to it, so that inspired my entry. Some of my first sketches were in the style of a 60's Bond film poster, with the girl as a regular Bond babe, but I changed my mind before starting in the book proper. This book is off to Spain next, where it will be worked in by our German group member, who is currently studying in Barcelona.

No comments:

Post a Comment