Saturday, 28 August 2010

Motor (dys)function

My fine motor skills are impaired at the moment, and all lines going wonky and wobbly as a result. Doing anything more complicated and time consuming than a simple sketch is impossible. I am waiting impatiently for things to clear up so I can get my watercolours going.

Lunch at Ziggy's Café yesterday - the festival week is off to a good start with sunny and reasonably dry weather:
lunch at ziggy's

café lunch

baresso sketchbreakbaresso sketchbreak

afternoon at the café

girl with a green bag

Café sketching is still a hit, especially when having to do short and simple stuff. Here's a quick sketch of M's dog from the other night to finish off the entry:
gigi

All done in my little pocket sketchbook.

6 comments:

  1. I love quick sketches in moleskine journals :) They always remind me of a little snapshot journal of the everyday going-ons of the artist.

    (And quick question - is that pan-fried pizza? It looks delicious!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snapshot journal is pretty accurate, at least when it comes to my sketchbooks.

    The food is a bacon omelette with thyme, a bit of potato and watercress garnish - it was very good :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. whatever the food is up there, i agree, it does look amazingly tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I discovered your blog through flickr and I love the work that you do. Your sketchbook work is wonderful. Please stop by and visit my blog anytime.I would love to hear from you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your comments people - seems that topping the post with a photo of tasty food will inspire the commenters! ;)

    ReplyDelete