Sunday, 5 June 2011

Getting the brushpens going again

I brought out the brushpens again. The one with India ink had dried stiff in the brush, so I emptied the reservoir and left the tip in alcohol overnight. It has now been refilled with Ecoline ink in brown.

ink blobs
I had a spot of trouble with the first sketch - blobs and drying, and of course the blobs had to be on her face...

sketchkiteating out

sketching at sushi+sushi lunch

We've been having the most wonderful sunny weather over the weekend, following a very wet May. Ices and sidewalk cafes are suddenly iresistable.

dog-napping

resting hens

Still a lot less sketching than I would like, but at least this sketchbook now has a few entries from the past week.

sketching

Brushpens with Ecoline ink, and Pigma Micron pen.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for this post. I'm new to the 'marker' type of media. I appreciate you sharing your sketches, it gives me an idea of what brush pens can/can't do. Are brush pens the same as brush tip markers?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great sketches... you've been busy drawing and painting... nice work.. all of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ NoviceArtist - these were done using Tria brush pens. You can see a photo of the pens here: Tria waterbrush pens.
    A lot of artists use Pentel or Kuretake water-brushes for this type of sketching, but I haven't been able to find those in Denmark. The Tria brushes have been discontinued, so you probably won't be able to find those anymore.
    I also sketch with brush tipped markers. You can see several examples of my work using the Faber-Castell Pitt markers in my blog or Flickr stream. I often like to mix various types of pens, pencils and markers in the same drawing, but this one is almost exclusively brush tipped marker: lunch sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Capt. Elaine - I've been in a bit of a slump lately and not getting any daily drawing done for quite a while. The blog is a good place for me to keep track of what I do manage to get down on paper, even when it seems to me I'm in a complete rut!

    ReplyDelete