Saturday, 16 July 2011

Den Gamle By

Family visit to Den Gamle By today - it's a live museum town where preservation worthy buildings from various places around the country have been gathered and re-raised. The main part of the town shows typical buildings, shops and workshops as they would have appeared in the 1860's, and there are townspeople about in period costume doing the jobs of the time. Read more about the museum on their homepage if you like: The Old Town in Aarhus

We ended our visit over a cold drink in Simonsens Have where I did a sketch.

simonsens have

When we got home I added watercolour from memory.

simonsens have

It turned out okay, I think.

2 comments:

  1. I think the watercolor came out great, especially considering that moleskine paper isn't the best for watercolor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I kind of enjoy the way the paper resists the water and you have to scrub a bit, possibly because it reminds me of dry point etching. :)

    ReplyDelete