Monday, 25 July 2011

Lisbon

Winding down and packing up after an intense Urban Sketchers symposium in Lisbon. I arrived last Monday and soon met local sketchers and people arriving early for the event. From Thursday morning sign in the days have been packed with people, sketchbooks and impression overload.

lisbon environments

I've finally met a whole bunch of sketchers face to face, and it's been great to get such a solid and lively impression of people who have so far just been internet ghosts. I haven't done much sketching during the event, but I've looked at a lot of sketchbooks, seen a lot of artists in action, and had a really inspiring time.

DSC04463

Yesterday I went to a park and did a bit of sketching on my own. There are post-symposium farewells and wishes of meeting up again next year. I'm quite sated by all the impressions and new aquaintances and friends, and pretty much ready to go home.

Packing up my bags and leaving this afternoon. More on here in the days to come.

4 comments:

  1. It was a pleasure to know you Ea, safe trip back home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so great to finally meet you, Ea! Have a safe trip home, and see you later! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely to meet you Ea! So glad we hooked up x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you ladies, it was just grand to meet you all! I'm so pleased I managed to go this year - it's fantastic to be a part of such a huge artist community, and I hope I will be able to catch up with at least some of the people I met in Lisbon over the next year.

    Nina, see you in France :)

    ReplyDelete