Monday, 29 August 2011

Open doors

Too wet and windy today to continue my festival sketchbook in town. Instead I brought out the new watercolour sketchbook and drew (painted?!) doors.

aquarelle


I wanted a view through successive doorways, so this is looking from my livingroom, via the hall, towards the kitchen.

doors - work in progress

Blurry shot courtesy of a grey day.

open doors

I made the doorways more squat (they're very narrow) to give myself more space to play around. Not sure whether I should just have left the front plane white and only used colour on the part framed within the opening of the door.

Pencil sketch with watercolour and a touch of watercolour pencil in A4 size moleskine sketchbook.

4 comments:

  1. Very beautiful, Ea - perfect as it is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Ruth - I worry that the pure watercolour drawings are almost too pretty...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great sketch!

    Btw, I found your blog via your Flickr albums...very nice work!

    Cheers,
    Serena

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Serena,
    Welcome on my blog - I hope the posts inspire you.
    Ea

    ReplyDelete