Saturday, 28 January 2012

Naturhistorisk Museum


Sketching at the Museum of Natural History in Aarhus today.

natmus - common red squirrel

natmus - mountain fir, maple and sparrow

natmus - sparrow and moose

natmus - moose

And a spread of the accordion sketchbook:
museum accordion

Click through the images for a bit of text on the subjects. Pen, markers, watercolour pencils and a waterbrush for blending. These are all in a small pocket accordion. I have no photos to share of the sketching in situ, sadly.

2 comments:

  1. Just lovely, Ea. And aren't these fold-out books wonderful to use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ruth. The accordion sketchbooks invite a different approach to composition and narrative. I think I need to do a few more projects in this kind of book before I can properly take advantage of the format. I really like the way your Japan accordion turned out with its collection of impressions.

      Delete