Monday, 18 June 2012

Football

The European championship is offering lots of oportunities to sketch viewers - here's R, not letting a cold come between him and the match tonight.

european championship ita-irl

I did a double spread in my A4 watercolour sketchbook - click through the drawing for a larger view.

Waterbrush, watercolours (mostly yellow ochre, burnt umber, payne's grey, a touch of medium cadmium red, and palette crud), and watercolour pencils (mostly ochre, grey, and medium flesh).

8 comments:

  1. Love that look of concentration, Ea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TV really offers a lot of oportunities to draw - willing (or indifferent) subjects staying put for reasonable periods of time on a regular basis :)

      Delete
  2. what a great likeness and wonderful expression! - send R hello from me and remind him that it's just sport :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will, Marina, thank you.
      Yes, this caught him a lot better than I expected, since I was mostly focused on playing with the medium. I'm starting to get the hang of mixing the paint and pencils, and finding my own expression in it - thank you for inspiring me to grapple with this combination :)

      Delete
    2. Yes, Ea, you're combining watercolor and pencils in your own way - I love that you're covering separate areas and sometimes them overlaps - really great!

      Delete
  3. really good portrait Ea I also recognised him imediatly even if he looks slightly grumpy ( from the cold or the match ?) Say hello to him.
    Always a plesure to see your sketches.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sorry it's isabel from Mauritania didn't realise I was visiting under a different name

      Delete
    2. Hi Isabel! Thanks, I'll convey your greetings. I think he just looks tired and the game was less than satisfactory ;) I hope you are doing well.

      Delete