Thursday, 24 April 2014

Handmade

I made myself some simple accordion sketchbooks, hoping to re-start my daily drawing.




Additional health challenges have been keeping me pretty much out of action since late last summer, but I am crossing my fingers that art can find its way back into the space of my days soon.

These are simple accordion style sketchbooks, each made from one large sheet of Fabriano drawing paper. The covers are thick card stock (museumskarton) - the kind often used for passepartouts - which my daughter helped cut to size, and I just glued them on the end pages. I plan to use an elastic band to keep the sketchbooks shut in transit. Maybe I will also get around to decorating the covers and giving them a coat of varnish.

Now to locate my drawing mojo...

No comments:

Post a Comment